Our Class IV Therapeutic Cutting Edge MLS and Class IIIb Chatanooga Group lasers are very versatile tools and are not only utilized in the rehabilitation department but also by our general practitioners for a variety of conditions and post-surgery care. The Class IV laser differs from ‘low level lasers’ or ‘cold lasers’ (Class III b lasers) in that it penetrates deeper into the affected tissue because it has a longer wavelength of light and has broader tissue coverage. Therapeutic lasers do not achieve energy ranges such as surgical cutting lasers. Class IV therapeutic lasers treat tissue through photobiostimulation, which is a process that uses light to stimulate components in cells to create chemical energy increasing the production of ATP, DNA, and oxygen for enhanced cell metabolism.
- Increases endorphin release, the feel-good hormone.
- Improves blood flow and new vessel formation in tissues.
- Blocks pain nerve fibers.
- Enhances nerve regeneration.
- Increases metabolic activity for healing.
- Breaks down the damaging free radicals in the tissue.
- Speeds all phases of wound healing.
- Reduces swelling and edema in tissue.
- Reduces bacterial growth.
The treatments are quick (5-15 minutes) and painless. Most dogs really enjoy these sessions, completely relax, and love coming back for more because it makes them feel better. We use our laser quite often for geriatric dogs with chronic arthritis to reduce their amount of oral pain medications.
SOME COMMON USES:
- Acupuncture point stimulation.
- Skin and ear infections.
- Arthritic joints.
- Post-operative incision healing and swelling/edema reduction.
- Pain management.